Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mr. Stubborn

Well, it appears I have one stubborn baby on my hands. Dominic has proudly taken over my body as his bachelor pad and shows no signs of vacating the premises on his own. So, at this rate I'll be due for an induction on Wednesday or Thursday. I should know more after my doctors appointment tomorrow. These last few days have dragged on soooo slowly. Although it hasn't been half as bad as some women make it sound. I'm uncomfortable, sure, and yes, I now walk with a waddle but it hasn't been THAT horrible. More than anything else I'm just impatient. Less than a week, baby, less than a week!

Thanksgiving turned out pretty well. I was able to spend time with my dad and both sides of my extended family, and spent the weekend putting up the Christmas tree. I just love the holidays and the food was even more appealing as a 9 month pregnant woman! This was the first Thanksgiving I had spent with my dad in NY in about 10 years and it was nice to spend the holiday with him and the rest of my family. It was definitely different than what I've become accustomed to though. I can't help but miss the big Thanksgivings with 20+ people at my mom and step dads house. Time for new traditions I suppose. By next year I should have a new place of my own (who knows where?) and maybe I'll start a new tradition for me and Dominic.

The closer I get to holding my little man, the more I miss my best friend, Talese. There hasn't been a day that's gone by over the past year that I haven't thought of her, but she's been consuming my thoughts even more these days. I can't help but think she should be here by my side when I have Dominic. I can only imagine the advice she would have for me. Hopefully she'll at least be there in spirit. I miss her so much.

I think I might be getting myself some interns for both of my businesses at the beginning of next semester. As I was laying in bed trying to sleep the other night I had a stroke of genius (it happens from time to time). There I was stressing about how I need help for the boutique and the marketing firm. Big time. And then it came to me. Interns. Duh! So I contacted two of the universities close to me, Syracuse University and Oswego State, and it turns out both businesses qualify for the internship program. Basically I post positions through the universities, and in exchange for working for me the interns get college credit. Genius! So, I think I'll be posting 3 positions for my marketing firm and 2 for my boutique. If you know of any students who would be interested, please let me know. By all means, the team of contractors I hired have helped a lot with my busy work but I need more specialized/professional employees to help with some of my bigger projects and tasks. I think this will be a great way to do it without spending an arm and a leg, and maybe I'll even end up with permanent employees. It's at least worth a shot! I'm excited for all the ideas and plans I have coming up in the next few months. Hopefully they will be just what I need to give business that extra little push and allow me to have more free time for Dominic. And if not, then it's back to the drawing board and I'll keep trying until I get it right! I have to set a positive example for my little protege, after all :)

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking. "



0 comments:

Post a Comment