Monday, December 19, 2011

Dominic Crankypants

My child hates me and wants me to keel over from exhaustion. Ok maybe not, but that's what it feels like. I knew Dominic was going to be a night owl if his sleep schedule during my pregnancy was any indication. He acts like a complete angel all day long, but come night time I'm dealing with Jekyll & Hyde. He turns into a holy terror, up nearly every hour, eating like he's starving, screaming his head off and demanding my attention. I can only hope once he gets a little older I'll be able to train him and get him on a schedule that works a little better for me. Keeping my fingers crossed.


I got all my Christmas shopping done yesterday. Gifts bought, wrapped and ready to be put under the tree. Not that Dominic will remember anything this year, but I'm excited regardless. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I can't wait to celebrate it with my little man. Christmas cards went out today too. Better late than never. I only ended up sending them to my family and friends in Utah since I can't be there. If you don't get one it's because I either couldn't find your address or because I procrastinated and forgot half the people on my list. Or I hate you bahahaha.

Now that I'm mostly recovered, back to work and on somewhat of a schedule, my next mission is to get back in shape. I actually can't complain too much considering I just delivered a baby two and a half weeks ago. I daresay I'm damn near close to my pre-pregnancy weight, but I need to tone things up a bit. I get too bored going to the gym, so I'm looking for a dance class or something similar. Zumba, pole dancing, salsa, even kickboxing would be fun. If anyone is aware of places that offer these in the CNY area, please let me know!

I made my selections for my first group of interns. Next on the agenda is developing their training program. They start on January 23rd so I have a few weeks to get everything ironed out. I also need to schedule interviews with my second round of interns from Syracuse University. My goal is to get all this done by the end of the week so I can take a few days off for Christmas. I can't wait to have the extra help. I have a few exciting ideas up my sleeve that they should be able to help me set in motion. A spring fashion show and fundraiser? Don't mind if I do! Watch and learn while I take this to the next level. "You don't become the best by being like the rest."

0 comments:

Post a Comment