Sunday, September 4, 2011

I'm Having a Baby!


Oh my God, I'm having a baby! Not that that wasn't obvious or anything. It's just started to hit me a bit more the past few weeks. As my belly keeps growing and Dominic keeps getting stronger, it's becoming much more apparent that I'm carrying a tiny human around. I actually had a hard time painting my toenails this morning. When the hell did that happen!? My belly isn't that big in comparison to other women as far along as I am, but with a 2 pound child lodged in my mid-section, bending down still proves to be challenge. It's a good thing I'm flexible and can lift my legs up to shave them, otherwise I'd be in bad shape. Now accepting applications for personal assistants to paint my toenails and buckle my sandals. Any takers?

I actually ended up having a good time on Friday when I volunteered for the Susan G. Komen breast cancer prevention booth at the fair. The other volunteers were around my age and seemed to have quite a bit in common with me. Perhaps I was wrong - maybe there are some decent people around here. There is hope for my social life yet! It was also nice to hear some of the inspiring stories from people who have beat cancer, and to hear some of the reasons behind why other people volunteer. It makes me happy to know there are good people left in the world, no matter how few and far between they might be. "A fellow who does things that count, doesn't usually stop to count them."

In other good news, my mastiff Trixie went to her new home today! I miss her so much, but I'm just glad she went to a good home where I will still be able to visit her. Thanks again to my good friend, Eric Ray, for getting me in touch with his sister who happened to be looking for a big dog. Trixie's new owners sent me over a couple pictures earlier today and she's still so damn cute! I hope she likes her new home and that everyone loves her as much as I do.

<3 Talese Turner <3 10/28/76 - 09/04/10
"There Is Always Hope"

0 comments:

Post a Comment