Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'm Not Prissy, But...

Today I took my tour of the maternity ward at Crouse Hospital where I'll be delivering Dominic. Overall, I didn't learn much more than what I already knew from my doctor and the hospital website. However, I was a bit disappointed with the way the labor/delivery and patient rooms were set up. Most of the hospitals I've encountered up to this point have evolved, complete with birthing suites where the patients deliver baby and stay in the same room, sans a roommate. But much to my chagrin, I found out I will be delivering in one room and staying in another, which may or may not be private. Apparently the hospital does have some private maternity rooms, but they are first come, first serve and there is no way to reserve or pay more to guarantee one. Way to burst my bubble! I'm normally not picky or snobby, but I sure as hell don't want to share my first days with Dominic with some stranger who is separated by a curtain. The whole thing seems a bit antiquated to me. And with the amount of money the hospital will be getting on the deal, I want a private room damn it! On the bright side, I'm at least thankful that the hospital does encourage rooming-in, where Dominic will stay in the room with me as much as possible, barring any complications. I guess for now I'll just keep my fingers crossed that I don't deliver at the same time as a hundred other expectant mamas, and that a private room will be available when Dominic decides to greet the outside world.

I'm not going to go on another big tangent about crazy people who stalk me, because I've already had that rant. However, I will say thank you - the attention is very flattering (albeit a little frightening). It's reassuring that some people find my business sense and life so amazing, they find it necessary to mimic my behaviors literally to a point of quoting me verbatim and passing it off as their own. Next time you're trying to pass for me, quote this, "It is far better to be a first rate version of yourself, than a SECOND RATE version of someone else." :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment