Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Cat's Outta the Bag...

Time to let the cat out of the proverbial bag. When I came to NY in early May, my plan was to head back to Utah at the end of the summer and have Dominic out there. But life happens, things change and sometimes you have to adapt your plans. Turns out,  I'll actually be having Dominic here in upstate NY and staying for a few months after he's born. For one, I don't want to leave here until I know I'm financially able to afford trips back and forth to visit family whenever I want. As such, I've decided to stay a bit longer and save a bit more. Second of all, I absolutely love my team of doctors here. My baby doctor in Utah was decent, but from day one I've felt like my doctors here are more thorough and experienced. I feel more comfortable delivering Dominic here. Lastly, it's important for me that Dominic knows my dad from day one. Without a father figure of his own, I think my dad would be a positive male influence in his life, even if it is only for the first few months. I also do not feel comfortable uprooting him as an infant and moving him across the country. So I figure I'll stick around here until February or March of 2012 when Dominic is at least a few months old. When that time comes, I'll take Dominic and my businesses and make a move. At this point, I'm keeping my options open. It's a big big world out there, with a lot of opportunities for both me and my son. I'm not opposed to going back to Salt Lake City, but I'm also not going to limit myself to only one option. I'm also considering San Diego and Boston as possible destinations. One thing is for sure, I am definitely NOT staying in upstate NY permanently. I will be here longer than I had originally anticipated but I will absolutely 110% NOT be staying here long term.  In the end, my decision will only be based on what's best for Dominic and I - the best place for business growth and the best place for his education.

I sincerely hope my family and friends in Utah can understand that life happens, plans change and I have to do what's best for my son and I. Please know that I love and miss each and every one of you. The way I see things is no matter how far away Dominic and I are, our true family and friends will love and support us no matter what. I fully intend on making every effort to stay in touch with my family and friends who care enough to reciprocate the effort. I'm done trying with people who don't care, and instead plan on focusing all of my efforts on those who do! :)


"It's impossible to be loyal to your family, your friends, and your principles all at the same time."

0 comments:

Post a Comment