Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Countdown Begins...

18 more weeks and counting until my due date! Can I get a "hell yeah" for being over half way? I'm thinking it would be really spectacular if Dominic decided to come about a week early so we were both home for Thanksgiving, as it's one of my favorite holidays. Unfortunately he'll come when he's ready, so all I can do is keep my fingers crossed. Regardless, the holiday season is going to be even more exciting this year with Dominic around. I know he won't be old enough to enjoy it or remember it, but I'm so excited to have him around for his first Christmas. This year will be such a drastic change from last Christmas, when for the first time ever in my life I sat home alone with my mom without a tree and without the usual family Christmas celebrations. Worst Christmas of my life, but I sucked it up and got through it. Just goes to show how things can really turn around in a years time. Speaking of which, what do you buy a 1 month old for Christmas? Hmm, guess I better start thinking of ideas...


I'm so glad some of my energy has finally returned over the past 2 weeks. For awhile, I was finding it difficult to even make myself get ready for the day, which is very uncharacteristic for me. I've been making progress by leaps and bounds on the marketing/advertising front for my boutique and consulting firm. I've revised my business plan and I have a very clear vision of where I want things to go over the next 6 months. I've been really motivated and inspired lately and I'm getting really excited for the big things that are coming. The only problem I'm still running into is finding decent salespeople. With running both businesses and doing all the advertising on my own, it's damn near impossible for me to do all the sales on top of the day to day stuff, networking, PR and marketing. Guess it's time to make some changes to the way I'm recruiting and training employees. If at first you don't succeed, try try again!  When all is said and done, if my hard work can make a difference in just one person's life, it will all be worth it.  "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure."

0 comments:

Post a Comment