Saturday, July 30, 2011

Life Is Full of Tough Choices...


As summer nears an end, I'm faced with the incredibly difficult decision of what to do with my dog, Trixie. A friend's mom has agreed to babysit her in Utah until the end of August, but with me staying in NY until spring I'll either need to ship her here or find a permanent home for her there. Trixie is 2 years old and I've had her since she was just a little puppy. She's the most beautiful mastiff and she has such a cute personality. I hate so much to send her to a home where I don't know the people or worse yet send her to a shelter. As it is, I already miss her like crazy after spending the last few months without her. I've even had two dreams about her over the last week. But I'm having a hard time justifying the expense of shipping her here when I still have stuff left to buy for Dominic. I've spent hours researching different pet shipment companies and most of them are in the $500+ range for a cross country delivery. Add the fact that I'm currently staying with my dad who isn't much of an animal lover and my decision is that much harder. I need to make a decision soon and I just can't bring myself to do it. Ugh, I hate making decisions like this... 
"In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do. The worst thing you can do is nothing."


On a more positive note, I'm starting a new little project for Dominic's room. I'm taking an old glider/rocking chair and re-staining it and reupholstering it. I had planned on buying one of those new glider chairs with the ottoman but my dad was getting rid of one so I figured why waste the money. With a little work and some new cushions it will be good as new and I can customize it to match all of Dominic's nursery bedding. Here's to hoping my little project comes together nicely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment