Tuesday, August 2, 2011

So Much To Do, So Little Time...

This week marks the 6 month mark - yee haw! How exciting...And scary. This pregnancy is both flying by and dragging on at the same time. It seems like just yesterday I found out I had a little bun in the oven. But Thanksgiving is getting closer everyday. I still have so much to do and so many things to plan for before Dominic arrives! I'm making some great headway as far as baby shopping goes - his wardrobe, stroller, swing, bouncer, monitor and baby bath are all ready and waiting for him. But I still need to pick out a crib, carseat, decide which venue and menu I want for my baby shower, finish my baby registry, sign up for birthing classes and finish his nursery! Everyone tells me that no matter how much planning you do, you're never quite ready when the big day arrives. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try like hell! I think I can, I think I can... "We can't plan life. All we can do is be available for it."

It's official. It has become incredibly uncomfortable to button my pants. I've decided to just wear long shirts and wear them unbuttoned for the time being. If I can make it through the summer without wasting a ton of money on new clothes, then I can focus on getting maternity clothes for the colder months that are approaching. I'm thinkin' leggings and long sweaters are going to be my best friend this fall.

I've decided on a new nursery theme for Dominic. My original plan was to do a NY Yankees themed nursery but I had a hard time finding anything even remotely cute or affordable. Since most of the Yankees crib bedding I found was custom made, not only was it super expensive but also a tad bit on the ugly side. I came across this pirate themed nursery set the other day at Babies R Us. I loved the color scheme and I thought it was cute and different than what I've seen in most nurseries. If Dominic turns out to be half the character I expect he will be, I think it will suit him perfectly! I can't wait to see him hanging out in this bad ass little baby room. Arghhhh matey! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment