Monday, August 8, 2011

Birthing Classes...Yay or Nay?

With each day that passes I'm getting one day closer to my due date. Yet my little "to do" list of things to do before Dominic gets here seems to be getting longer and longer. I'm still debating on whether or not to take a birthing class, and if so which one I should take. The hospital I'm delivering at offers labor classes and parenting classes. But I'm not so sure either of them is for me. After talking to people who have taken both, it sounds like a lot of what they do is show videos and discuss material that I've probably already read in my pregnancy books. After looking into my options, I think prenatal yoga might be more my speed. The class I want to take goes over some of the labor breathing exercises, works on relaxation techniques and helps with pregnancy fitness. Now it's just a matter of fitting the class into my busy schedule. Hopefully I can fit in 4 or 5 sessions before Dominic makes his debut! Next on the agenda, scheduling a tour of the hospital I'm delivering at...

Today was a much needed better day. I had been in a serious slump for the past 3 or 4 days due to lack of sleep and agonizing over people and things I can't change. I finally got a full night's sleep last night and woke up with a much more positive attitude, ready to face the day! It's amazes me how much a positive attitude can influence your life and the things that happen to you. Perhaps the two are unrelated, but today brought some great business opportunities within my reach and I was able to resolve some personal issues as well. Here's to making tomorrow another productive, happy day! "If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment