Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

How 'bout that Hurricane Irene, eh? As devastating as it was in some areas, upstate NY made it out relatively unscathed in comparison to all the hype that was made about the storm. I'm just glad everyone here is perfectly safe and we didn't lose power. A bit of rain and wind was the extent of the "severe weather" around here. But I figured that would be the case...

The rain made me want to be lazy, so I was less than productive today. Well, less than productive this entire weekend actually. Went to the NY state fair yesterday with my dad and brothers and spent about 8 hours walking around. Needless  to say, Dominic and I got our exercise! We also got some great food. Lets just say Dominic completely approves of the ribs from the Dinosaur BBQ ;) I had planned on staying to see the free Trace Adkins concert, but by the time 8 PM rolled around I was exhausted and annoyed with the insane masses of people. At that point my bed sounded much more appealing than a free concert. All in all, it was a great day but I almost had a small outburst towards one of the fair vendors. I was waiting with my 5 year old brother while my dad was in line buying fudge. There happened to be a vendor set up selling back massagers across the way from where my dad was standing, and there were 8 available chairs. I took a seat since no one was using them, and about 60 seconds later the sales lady approaches me and asks "are you going to try out the product?" I say "No, I'm just waiting for someone to get out of line." Very rudely she tells me "well I've got a product to sell and if you're not going to buy one then you need to leave and stop taking up the seat." Woah bitch, pump the brakes! First of all, I wouldn't have sat down if there was a crowd of people waiting to try your product. There were 8, count them 8, FREE chairs that no one was using. Second of all, as I stated I was only taking a brief rest for about 2-3 minutes while I was waiting for someone. Lastly, and most importantly in my opinion, kicking a 7 month pregnant woman out of a chair when you have 7 more available chairs is probably NOT the best way to sell a product. But what do I know about sales? I mean, I only own two sales based businesses so clearly I know nothing..."It is higher and nobler to be kind. "


0 comments:

Post a Comment