Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary Mom and Steve!

Nine years ago today was my mom and step dad Steve's wedding day. So Happy Anniversary to two of the best parents I could ever ask for. Miss and love you everyday, Steve. Your absence is felt by so many. I will be forever grateful for the lessons you taught me that I can now pass on to Dominic. I can only imagine how hard it must have been to be a step parent to a teenager/young adult, and I know I didn't always make it easy, but you truly did a terrific job and I appreciate it more than I can ever express. Nothing I can ever say will express the amount of gratitude I have for you,  but thank you for everything!

Nine years. My, how time flies! What a crazy nine years it's been. It's amazing to think back and reflect on everything that has changed during the past nine years since I first moved to Utah. It's so crazy to think about the people who have come in and out of my life, my graduation from high school and college, buying my first home, getting married and divorced, losing two of the most epic people I've ever met, finding out I was pregnant and then eventually coming back to NY. I've had a few heartbreaks along the way but also more good memories than I can count. It's been a crazy ride but I wouldn't change a single thing. I wouldn't trade the people I've met or the experiences I've had for the world. I can't wait to see what the next nine years brings for me and Dominic. Here's to the future! "The future is called "perhaps," which is the only possible thing to call the future.  And the only important thing is not to allow that to scare you. "


0 comments:

Post a Comment