Sunday, August 21, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect...

My apologies for my lack of posts this past week. I've taken the last few days as a much needed rest. I spent a full day with my little 5 year old brother, Sabastian, on Friday and completely wore myself out. I thought of it as a practice run for when Dominic gets here. We went to the park, out to dinner and then to see Mr. Poppers Penguins at the drive-in. We both had a great time - some of the things kids say crack me up! But after a long, eventful day of trying to keep up with a 5 year old ball of energy, I found myself very very exhausted. Ah, the things I have to look forward to. Needless to say, I have a lot of work to make up for after my weekend hiatus, so it's back to the grind tomorrow...

I've been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting today. Today marks one year since the last time I saw my best friend, Talese. If only I had known I would never see her again, I doubt I would have ever let her go. The memories are still so fresh in my mind - I remember what she was wearing, what we did that day and what we talked about as if it was just yesterday. I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. If someone would have told me a year ago that today my best friend would be gone, and I'd be in NY running two businesses with a baby on the way I would have thought they were insane. Just goes to show how much things can change in a year's time. One thing that will always stick with me are Talese's last words to me before she left my house the last time I saw her in person. She gave me a big hug and kiss and said "Don't do it. Don't say good-bye because you're going to NY. We'll never say good-bye, we'll always say 'see ya soon'." It's a bit unsettling to me sometimes just how prophetic that statement turned out to be. A year later and thoughts of my best friend still occupy my mind on a very regular basis. Because some people come into your life and you are never, ever the same... "Wherever I am you'll always be more than just a memory."

0 comments:

Post a Comment