Friday, August 12, 2011

I'm Evolving...

Thanks to my dad, Dominic is now the proud owner of a brand new crib! I picked out an espresso/dark cherry colored convertible Graco crib because it's practical, I like the style and it will match perfectly with his pirate crib bedding. I don't know what I would do without all the thoughtful gifts I've been given by my family and friends. Dominic is truly lucky to have such wonderful people in his life already. Thanks again dad!

Every so often, life has a way of reminding us not to take it for granted. With a heavy heart, I'm sad to report that a friend of my family's lost her young son today in a tragic and unexpected accident. I'm not a religious individual, but I do ask that you keep her family in your thoughts. Words can not express the sympathy I have for the family at this time. As an expectant mother, I can not even begin to fathom how she must feel. Events like this have a way of instilling in me both fear and gratitude. Fear that something like this could happen yet ago to someone I love. Gratitude for each moment I do get with my unborn son, parents, family and close friends. I know I've posted on this before, but I can not reiterate enough - tell the people you love that you love them, call a friend or family member just to say hi and don't waste a single moment of your life on regrets. Because you only get to do it once.

Rest in peace, Cole Dolbear 
"I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death.  They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make.  Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories."

0 comments:

Post a Comment