Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hello Again Insomnia...

I am officially past the 6 month mark! I'm 24 weeks pregnant as of this past Thursday so just 3 and a half more months to go until I get to meet Dominic - woo hoo! I'm still feeling great. No sickness, insomnia, aches or pains. This is actually the best I've felt in a long time. It's amazing how small changes to your lifestyle can make such a huge difference in your overall well being. My only complaint would be my horrible insomnia this past week. I haven't been able to get a decent nights sleep to save my life. I've had too much on my mind and no matter how hard I try my brain won't shut off long enough for me to fall asleep. I need to learn how to let things go that I have no control over. It's a work in progress. Hopefully this week will bring a few more restful nights. "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

In addition to all the changes I'm implementing to my two businesses, TT's Attic and The Alpha Omega Solution, I've also been busy filling my schedule with various charity events. On September 2nd I'm volunteering for four hours at the Susan G. Komen breast cancer booth at the NY State Fair. I figured it would be time well spent on a great cause and a way to meet and network with other like-minded people in this area. Also on the agenda is the Ride for Life against child abuse, The Out of the Darkness Walk for suicide prevention and the Ronald McDonald House gala dinner. I'm hoping to schedule at least two fundraisers to raise money for my team before the Out of the Darkness Walk on October 8th. Again, if you're going to be in the central NY area PLEASE join Team "There Is Always Hope" in memory of Talese Turner to raise awareness for suicide prevention. If you can't join us for the event, at least spare a few dollars to help save a life. The life you save could be YOUR best friend, daughter, mother or sibling. Donate to Team "There Is Always Hope"

0 comments:

Post a Comment